Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Pump Do you Use?

Default Re: Which Pump Do you Use?

I use the Lansinoh Double Electric pump as well. It was affordable because I used a 15% off coupon and applied for a Babies R Us credit card and got an extra 10% off the already competitive price compared to other brands of pump. I find it very easy to use, not too noisy, and even though I haven't used the feature yet, I like that it can operate on batteries if I need it to.

As an FYI, it's the same pump as the Ameda Purely Yours, so all the parts are interchangeable.

My only complaint about it is that unlike Medela pumps, the spare parts aren't widely available in stores, so you have to special order stuff (I needed smaller flange adapters, etc.).

It works really well for me, though, and I find it pretty comfortable to use.

Oh, and while the Lansinoh pump doesn't come with a fancy bag to tote it around in, I found that one of the many fancy Enfamil sample bags I got works really well for toting around my pump. You know, the ones they give you full of goodies plus lots of information on breastfeeding, but hey, here's our formula since you'll probably fail! Gotta love the irony in that.

I really like the avent pump I have. Am I the only one?

My dr office has a program called "lets connect" The nurse who runs it is a IBCLC and they have pumps to use. So for a $10 deposit I've had the use of a medela lactina select double electric pump for the last 3 months. I love it. Its not pretty and its heavy but its perfect for what I need it for and its much faster than my avent manual pump (which I take with me if I'm going out for a couple hours) The only down side is if someone in the office needs it more than me I'll give it back and have to get one...I think I would get the PIS if I had to buy one.
    Married to the best since 08/03!
    WR-08/06/07 8lbs6oz ebf 8months!
    GS-09/02/09 10lbs2ozs naturally!
    Goal 1 year!!

I use the PIS Advanced. I used it exclusively for the first 10 weeks as my son was having trouble latching and it worked great. The one thing I found was I was having pain using the breast shields that came with it and once I got a bigger size it worked great...and I got more breast milk out (probably because I wasn't in pain anymore!!!)

I use the PIS Advanced, love it, very easy to use. Would have gotten the Freestyle, however, if I had fathomed exactly how long pumping can take and how little time I would have to use my hands while caring for a newborn...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*eris View Post
    I use the PIS Advanced, love it, very easy to use. Would have gotten the Freestyle, however, if I had fathomed exactly how long pumping can take and how little time I would have to use my hands while caring for a newborn...
    ITA - I ended up getting a Freestyle, too, and it totally save my behind (and my supply) working/pumping. It is definitely worth the extra $50 or so - I actually saved more than that in sitter fees because I could do my final pumping in the car.

BestBuyBaby.com has great prices, btw.

Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Red face Re: Which Pump Do you Use?

I love my Lainsoh (sp) Double Electric Pump and I actually have two of them (forgot to take it to work one day and let me tell ya it wasn't pretty so I made sure I couldn't never forget it again).

Also I had a problem with my pump not pumping and I called them at 3pm on a Friday afternoon and at 9am the next morning I had a brand new pump fedex'd too me. I wasn't expecting to get the pump on a saturday!!! The customer service people were really nice.

BTW I have used the battery feature while I was camping & away from my lo and it works pretty well. Batteries lasted for a whole day's worth of pumps (but I think it accidentally got left in on position).

I also use the manual lanisoh pump when needed and it works good too.
    mama to Connor & exclusively for over 6 months now !!!

born 09-26-08 8lbs 1oz 22 inches long
    2 week 10-10-08 9lbs 4oz 21-1/2 inches long
    2 month 12-09-08 13lbs 14.5 oz 24-1/2 inches long
    4 month 02-10-09 15lbs 5 oz 26 1/2 inches long
    6 month 03-26-09 18lbs 12oz 27 inches long
    9 month 06-30-09 ???

I use a manual pump actually, and I absolutely love it. It's a Medela Harmony pump about $40 at Target and perfect for those who can't afford or don't want to spend hundreds on an electric pump before you know if you're going to be pumping alot or not. I can pump about 2-3 oz from one side in 5-10 min depending on how engorged I am. Today, I pumped and froze 10 oz.
    http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0006HBS1M
    FTM to a (big) healthy baby boy born naturally in a water birth & in the caul 6/14/09 at 1:56a 8lbs, 11oz, 20.5"