Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Pump Do you Use?

Default Which Pump Do you Use?

I am using the Medela Harmony Manual Pump. I am going to upgrade to an electronic one ONCE I go back to work.. Right now financially I just can't afford the big guns. I noticed that in the little manual it says that it is not for everyday use. I have no idea why that is the case so I am wondering what you girls think.

I am trying to currently build my stash for when I go back to work and I am just wondering if I have the right pump for that.

Would love to know what you girls have used while at home...

Thank you so much
    Kayla

Default Re: Which Pump Do you Use?

I have a Lanisoh Double Electric Breast Pump and I also have a Playtex Nurser Manual Pump. I'm tending to use both depending on how busy I am. Both are doing well for me. The LDEBP is for long term useage. I'm not sure about my manual, but it works extremely well for me. I've got a good two weeks stash going atm. since i don't have a deep freezer, but i have enough going for every bottle i would need during the day for two weeks

PIS that I used with DD1 and maybe use once a week now. Don't have a freezer stash to speak of so I'm going to have to up that since what I have in there must be thrown out.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Someone let me) borrow a Medela Pump in Style and I use it everyday. (Thanks Hillary!)

Is it possible that you might qualify for WIC? You may b e able to use a pump through them.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

I use the Pump in Style by Medela (PIS).

The reason yours isn't for everyday use is because it's a PITA to use a manual. I used a manual when I was still on maternity leave because I had all the time in the world to pump. I switched to electric when I went back to work because of time constraints. I can do twice the work in half the time.

Check with your hospital or LC and you can rent hospital grade double pumps for around $30 per month (at least that's how it is in my area).

Are you returning to work? If so, save money now to purchase an electric so you have something more efficient. It's totally worth it if you are planning to BF long term.

As far as making a stash, start ASAP. I waited too long to start mine and when I went back to work while my body was adjusting to the PIS, my stash depleted.
    Courtney
    Ever 06.26.02
    Lyric 12.26.08 (Holy sheep! Nursing at 30 months and counting!)

Breastmilk is better than any udder milk! ~Author Unknown

I would strongly urge you to look into the Medela Freestyle. It is about $40 more than the PIS (although BestBuyBaby.com has great prices on both), but it is TOTALLY worth it to be able to pump hands-free and outlet-free. I even did my last pumping of the day while driving in the car!! And on days I needed to pump a little more, I could hook up & pump while cooking dinner, sweeping, curled up on the couch with a good book - you name it. Plus, because it is totally hands-free I ate lunch while I pumped, and because I didn't need an outlet, I could pump close to my office even though there wasn't an outlet there.

ETA: Oh - and the soft breastshields were much more comfy, too.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*courtnidge View Post

I went back to work while my body was adjusting to the PIS, my stash depleted.

What exactly does this mean - adjusting to the Pump in Style. Does your milk supply need adjusting?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*imma2nonstopaa View Post
    I would strongly urge you to look into the Medela Freestyle. It is about $40 more than the PIS (although BestBuyBaby.com has great prices on both), but it is TOTALLY worth it to be able to pump hands-free and outlet-free. I even did my last pumping of the day while driving in the car!! And on days I needed to pump a little more, I could hook up & pump while cooking dinner, sweeping, curled up on the couch with a good book - you name it. Plus, because it is totally hands-free I ate lunch while I pumped, and because I didn't need an outlet, I could pump close to my office even though there wasn't an outlet there.

ETA: Oh - and the soft breastshields were much more comfy, too.
    I saw your post from before and I will DEF be purchasing this as soon as I go back to work. I will not be cooking or cleaning I will be using it to read.. My husband will have no idea that I can cook and clean with this sucker on

I use the PIS Advanced, I purchased it at Burlington Coat Factory for $180.00 on sale. I had a $100.00 gift card too. I called around and researched on-line for 3 weeks until I found the cheapest price. I used the manual pump the hospital gave me in the meantime to ease engorgment.
    First time mom to baby Joshua (12/19/2008, 6lbs-0oz, 19 inches)
    I have no what I'm doing, but I'm doing my best
    I'm STILL at work, when I'm home, and .

We've made it 14 months .

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kaylabfjackmay09 View Post
    I will not be cooking or cleaning I will be using it to read.. My husband will have no idea that I can cook and clean with this sucker on
    Good for you, mama!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png