Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Best pump to increase milk supply

Question Best pump to increase milk supply

Hi there!
    I am pregnant with #2 and had low milk supply with #1. This time I want to buy a pump that can help increase my supply. I'll be staying at home most of the time (work from home) and with my first child I only pumped at night, when she didn't wake up and I was really full.
    I am considering Medela Swing (for it's price) or Ameda Purely Yours. Do you think it would be best to spend more money and buy a Medela Pump in Style?
    What are your thoughts?
    Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Best pump to increase milk supply

Go for the double pump. Amede Purely Yours is comparable to a Pump in Style but less expensive.

That being said, each experience of nursing is a new one and low supply is not a given. Pumping too much has it's own problems like oversupply and overactive letdown which make nursing just as challenging.

The best thing you can do is work know latch from day one. Have your own lactation consultant (with IBCLC credential) meet with you right after giving birth to help with latch. Do not use pacifiers or bottles until milk supply is well established. Read the info and watch the videos at www.drjacknewman.com. Attend LLL meetings for support. Nurse as soon as possible after giving birth and do not allow bottles or pacifiers to be given to the baby at the hospital. Room in together.