Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: question about More Milk Plus

Default question about More Milk Plus

I have been taking More Milk Plus for 2 weeks now. I'm not quite sure if I have low supply, but was concerned that my dd wasn't gaining weight fast enough. (she is 3 1/2 months old by the way) I had an immediate reaction to the MMP (I usually pump 1-2 oz. & after 1 dose I was able to get 2-3 oz!) now after 2 weeks of taking it I'm back to pumping 1-1.5 oz. Is it possible that my body has just readjusted to what my baby needs (I exclusively nurse & just pump before bed to keep a freezer stash) or does the MMP only have temporary results? Thanks!
    Jenn

Grace Madison 12/27/05- never fully BF
    Reagan Wayne 8/7/07- BF 2 1/2 months
    Madelyn Patrice 3/19/09- 7 weeks still BF!

Goal 1 year!

Default Re: question about More Milk Plus

Great question! If anyone knows the answer, I'd love to know too!! I have taken MMP also but got mixed results. Took Fengreek alone (MMP is only sold a ways away from my house) and got major digestive issues...possible overdose. So, hesitant to take anything now, but supply is dipping.

Ladies - I never heard of temp results with any galactogogue
    I do know that your body will adjust to what baby is requesting...
    I take fenugreek and blessed thistle - I think just because I need to pump at work and don't want to chance not having enough...
    But...The more you remove from the body, the more milk you'll produce...
    It's all supply and demand....HTH...

We've made it 1 YEAR

A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three. ~Grantly Dick-Read

Stacey

Married to DH since 2001
    Mommy to Mikki 2006
    Mommy to Xander 2008

I found it took a while to get to the point where I consistently produced more with MMP. A real case of trial and error - and tbh taking more than the recommended dose to get to the point where I was consistent in my milk production.

Also if you are breastfeeding and then pumping it could be that your LO is taking more than she was before? THis would leave less to pump after.

Just a thought.

Are yall speaking of MMP liquid or pills? Is one better than the other?