Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We're weaned...

Default Re: We're weaned...

Katy's been cutting back fairly quickly and it's so bittersweet for me. I really don't want to tandem once this baby comes and I've been scared to death how Katy would handle it all since she's always been sooo attached to nursing. Just 2 weeks ago she was still nursing 4x's/day. As of this moment she's only nursed once in 24 hours. It's all been her choice though and she hasn't cried at all. If she's happy and ok with it, I have to be too. KWIM? I am so happy we made it 19+ months.

I'm glad your journey with your baby was such a sweet one!
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

It sounds like it was perfect.

Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Thanks for sharing mamma!

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

Just wanted to pop in here and say... yesterday my DD saw me changing my shirt and proclaimed "moo moos!" when she saw my boobs. She has done this before since weaning, so I asked her, "Do you want to have some moo moo's?" "Nooooo" was her reply. So then I said, "Well, just come and sit on mama's lap then." And she didn't want to! I think she was afraid I was going to force her to nurse?? Anyway, she finally came and sat on my lap for some snuggles.

Then last night I was rocking her to sleep, it was taking forever... anyway, twice she sat up and asked me for moo moo's. The first time she asked I lifted up my shirt and showed her my boob, and said, "Do you want some moo moo's?" She simply said no, and laid back down. Ten minutes later, she did the same thing, so again I lifted up my shirt and asked her if she wanted some, and she actually put her mouth on there for about a half-second! I was so surprised she did that. Then she just sat back up and said "no" and laid back down. Anyway, I figured that by saying yes to nursing instead of saying no that it would avoid her having a tantrum, and I was right.

Crazy girl... it's so cute that she remembers, but still doesn't want to nurse. I'm very interested to see what will happen when she sees the new baby having moo moo's.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Glad it went so smoothly for you.
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kaitlyns.mom View Post
    The last time Kaitlyn nursed was on Monday morning. We had been down to one session/day, first thing in the morning, for a few weeks. On Tuesday she didn't ask at all, then on Wednesday she asked once, but was easily distracted with no tears. On Thursday she sort of asked halfheartedly, then didn't ask at all yesterday or this morning.

I'm happy with how we weaned, because there were literally no tears; it all happened so easily and gradually that the timing just felt right.

I am definitely having some hormonal fluctuations here and there, and moments where it feels kind of bittersweet. The other day I went out to dinner with a friend and it was the oddest feeling, being able to order anything off the menu. I just hope I can always remember what it felt like to nurse my first-born baby girl from newborn to toddler.
    thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like a very beautiful end to this chapter of your relationship. Here's to the next chapter.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Sounds like it was the right time for both of you. Congratulations for doing such a wonderful thing for her for so long.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Congrats Karen!!
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Thank you ladies. There is no way I would have made it nursing past 6 weeks, and definitely not 18 months with so many food restrictions, without all of your support and advice. Kaitlyn didn't ask to nurse at all this weekend or this morning. I've been sure to give her lots of extra snuggles and kisses.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.