Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sorry, another question.

Default Sorry, another question.

I got a Lanisoh Electric Double Breast Pump from my grandma. Its $150 and i don't want it to go to waste or feel guilty for giving it away because its the largest amount of money she's spent on me in the last 3 years. I also got a Playtex Manual Pump (Nursery) and i've been using it. However, I decided i wanted to go ahead and give the LEDBP another try and to see how much i could get. Normally with the Playtex, around this time of night, i get 2 oz and i'm not sure why and in the morning or middle of the night, i get 4 oz depending on how often DS nurses. I got 3 oz between both breasts. more on my right then left. R-2oz L-1oz. and DS just nursed about an hour or so ago.

So if i get 4 oz normally from one side with my playtex in the morning, should i expect the same or more from my LEDBP?

Default Re: Sorry, another question.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*karynicole View Post
    I got a Lanisoh Electric Double Breast Pump from my grandma. Its $150 and i don't want it to go to waste or feel guilty for giving it away because its the largest amount of money she's spent on me in the last 3 years. I also got a Playtex Manual Pump (Nursery) and i've been using it. However, I decided i wanted to go ahead and give the LEDBP another try and to see how much i could get. Normally with the Playtex, around this time of night, i get 2 oz and i'm not sure why and in the morning or middle of the night, i get 4 oz depending on how often DS nurses. I got 3 oz between both breasts. more on my right then left. R-2oz L-1oz. and DS just nursed about an hour or so ago.

So if i get 4 oz normally from one side with my playtex in the morning, should i expect the same or more from my LEDBP?
    All things being equal yes, but when it comes to lactation not everything is equal. All women are different. Some, despite everything, get better results with a manual. You may be one of those women.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

i hope so My grandma bought it for me and it was $150.. and my manual was $10. but i feel better now knowing that i tried it again and actually got something!! instead of a drop here and there.

It may also take a little while to get used to the different suction levels/frequencies. If your breasts are used to letting down for the manual, they may be confused by the double electric. It took me a few tries to get a decent amount out when I tried pumping (I also had the lansinoh). Also, don't be afraid to fiddle with the settings, making them higher or lower depending on your comfort level. And don't feel guilty about the cost! In the long run, even the most expensive pumps available on the market are cheaper than formula.

yeah, formula is so expensive and i'm glad this time BF is working out. i've got a good little stash going!

i just hope it works out! then i can take my manual if i go somewhere, and just use my electric at home.. i'm using both.. is that bad???

on a good note, i'm getting a conisistant 3 oz from the electric i nurse and pump at same time.

no nothing wrong with using both...
    Some moms find they can hand express too, all you need for that is a bowl or cup to catch the milk
    IT sounds like your getting the hang of things
    GOOD JOB!

i've tried to express, i can't seem to get the hang of it. its good to know that i can do both.