Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about pumping conditions at work

Default Re: Question about pumping conditions at work

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna.alive View Post
    If there are unused offices, then it's absolutely ridiculous to expect you to pump in a bug infested shower. If you try the facilities manager, and they're throwing up a road block, then go to whoever is in charge at the nicer facility and ask them how would be the best way for you to get more suitable space for pumping at your location. Perhaps if they know what you're dealing with, someone over there can make some waves on your behalf.

Does it seem crazy to anyone else that they are expecting this woman to go plug in an electrical device in a freaking SHOWER? Why the hell is there even an outlet hanging from a shower ceiling?!!? That's so not safe!

I'd bet you that if you called the fire department that double use shower stall would be shut down right quick.
    with all of this. I'd definitely go to HR. This is not a facilities issue, it's a personnel issue. I would absolutly not pump in a buggy shower.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I agree that you should not pump in the shower. What I would do is try to find more nursing mothers working where you do. There is power in numbers. YOU are easy to ignore or blow off, but what about 15 of you?

I see lots of great answers here. I would team up with other definitely and go together to someone higher up. Whatever you do, don't give up and don't stop breastfeeding your child. You are doing an awesome job!