Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: overnight travel after DS turns a year

Default overnight travel after DS turns a year

Hi everyone,

The other thread (on convincing DH) brought up a question I had been thinking about posting in the working forum but now I'll put it here. I have to go on a business trip (a mandatory training for a project I am very excited about) for 4 days (3 nights) at the end of October. DS will be 13 months old.

I've gone back and forth about how to handle this. At first I thought DS would rather be with me and that I should have my dad's partner come with me and watch DS while I am at the conference. But it is a long time and DS only sees her every couple of months. He might not be so comfortable with that. And the conference hotel is in the middle of nowhere, making the logistics painfully complicated.

DS loves his father, can go to sleep when I am not there, and adores his daycare providers. DH is fine taking care of the baby. Would it be better for DS to stay at home and engage in his normal routine but without his mama? And if we do that would he end up weaning since I'd be gone so long?

I appreciate any insights you have!

Default Re: overnight travel after DS turns a year

Hi,

The forum seems to have been down most of the time since I posted this. Anyone have any ideas, stories or suggestions?

Default Re: overnight travel after DS turns a year

I have been faced with travel with my job. I was to go on several one week trips, but they fell through. My thought was that a week trip would be OK. I didn't think that my son would wean in that short period of time. Do you have enoughf stash, or are you going to ship some back home?