Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Calcium/magnesium during AF

Default Calcium/magnesium during AF

For those who take calcium/magnesium, do you take it just when AF comes or all the time? I've just been taking it when AF comes but I'm wondering if I should take it all the time? TIA

Default Re: Calcium/magnesium during AF

I take my supplements "all" the time - that is about 4-5 times a week. (That includes my Calcium/Mag/Zinc)
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I was looking on the forums for a previous thread for this, but I couldn't find one. How much calcium are you moms taking to help with supply?
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

My midwife really stresses the importance of calcium while pregnant AND breastfeeding. Your body will take what it needs for the baby so if your calcium levels get depleted you won't really know until it is too late.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

I know I should be taking it all the time, I just have a hard time taking supplements! Ha! I can't swallow pills so everything I have is chewable or liquid and they really don't taste very well! Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*proudmamaof3 View Post
    I was looking on the forums for a previous thread for this, but I couldn't find one. How much calcium are you moms taking to help with supply?
    I'm not sure how much, I just bought a calcium/magnesium supplement and take the recommended dosage.