Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I'm so scared

Default I'm so scared

Hi wonderful mamas! I'm new here but could sure use some support! My DD is 4 months old and the time has come for me to return to work. Much to my joy and surprise, she has been EBF since day 1 (I did not bf DS). I am so afraid that my milk will disappear and she will need formula. I have been renting (since day 4) a Medela Symphony from the hospital. However, when I pump I don't get alot of milk. I am just so unprepared to drop her off on the 1st. I do have a small stash in the freezer and also some fresh.... I just want to cry How can I not know how to ensure my child is fed while at daycare? I know I'm doing the right thing, I just want to make sure she keeps getting the "good stuff".

Default Re: I'm so scared

If you have been ebf since day one, I am confident you will continue to pump exactly what is needed. I too had your fears but all has worked out well!

You will probably be able to pump more when you are at work than what you are currently able to pump when you are with your lo and nursing.
    Is your daycare familiar with breastfed babies?
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Yes, dc has experience bottle feeding a bf baby. DD is very hesitant to take a bottle. She has maybe had 3 or 4 bottles of ebm and it took a lot of patience and encouragement (DH and I have both tried). DD is VERY attached to her mom (and mom's breast). I hate to think of how sad she will be tomorrow... She hasn't been napping very well either, unless held in my arms. I know I'm not alone but I am just soooo anxious about leaving her tomorrow. Today, I'm going to the LC office at Kaiser to purchase bottles etc and seek additional advise. I'm sure it will be difficult to carry around the Symphony pump... Sorry for rambling mamas

You will both get through it.
    Lots of EBF babies do not like to take a bottle from mom or anyone else if mom is around. Your lo may take a bottle at daycare with no problems at all or it may take a bit for your lo to get used to.
    Keep us posted on how it goes. We are here for you.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.