Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So sad.

Default Re: So sad.

You shouldn't feel like a failure- on the contrary, you should feel like the world's best mama!!! And even though your LO seems done, you never know- she may want to nurse again. (My kid has been weaned for over a month and last night she wanted to nurse- I'm the one who said "no.")

Give yourself a big pat on the back for a job phenomenally well-done, and go out and buy yourself a really nice bra. You've earned it!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: So sad.

I would be sad too, but you are certainly not a failure!
    Based on your description, I wonder if she might be getting molars or have an undiagnosed ear infection, or something that is making nursing uncomfortable for her right now. Just a thought...here's an LLL article that might help:
    Is Baby Weaning or Is It a Nursing Strike?

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on