Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 1 Year Expectations & Preparedness

Default 1 Year Expectations & Preparedness

LO is nursing about 6 - 7 times a day right now (8 1/2 months). She has 2 solid meals a day (lunch and dinner) with the occasional cereal at breakfast. She drinks about 1 - 2 oz of water over the course of a day.

I'll be going back to work at one year. I haven't been pumping as I'm home with her and haven't needed it. She only gets a bottle of EBM about once a month.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to nurse her in the mornings before I go to work, when I get home and to go to sleep. Is 3 times a day enough at 1 year old? Or do I need to pump so that she'll have EBM while at day care?

If it is enough, how do I wean her down to only nursing 3 times a day? We'll both need to adjust. I know it's still a ways off, but I want to be prepared (I'm a planner by nature). My work isn't set up to allow for pumping and is fairly high stress (deadlines). I know that I'd miss pumping sessions and end up messing up myself.

I'd like to be as prepared before going back as possible.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: 1 Year Expectations & Preparedness

IME, DS took one bottle/day at 12mo (his "nap" bottle), and didn't need a bottle at all by the time he was 18mo. Not sure about your question, though - *bump*!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png