Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need some reassurance...

Default Need some reassurance...

My little guy is almost 14 1/2 months and I have some concerns regarding his growth. His weight is around 20 lbs and length maybe 30 1/2 inches. He nurses probably 6-8 times in a 24 hour period and snacks 3-4 times per day. I offer solids about 5 times per day and most of the time he just plays with his food and throws it on the floor. He is definitely not a huge eater! His wet diapers are good and poops every 1-3 days. I guess I should add in that he started walking 4-5 weeks ago and wants to be outside ALL the time. Getting him to sit still and want to sit for a meal is difficult. In my gut, I feel like he is just fine and growing at his own pace, but every now and then I just need someone else to say things are fine too. His pediatrician voiced no concerns regarding his growth at his 12 month check up. TIA for your comments!
    ~Sarah

Married to the love of my life, Jordan

SAHM to Caleb (4/14/08) nursed for 19 months.
    Phoebe Grace (4/20/10), and 20 mths and counting!
    with #3, due May 2012

Default Re: Need some reassurance...

I think he is fine & you are doing really well too! Just make sure you offer & he will takes what he needs Toddlers are picky & filled with entergy! He will eat when he is hungry - just offer a balanced, healthy diet & he will thrive at his own pace

"Children reinvent your world for you." Susan Sarandon

Sounds ok to me too.

We ended up doing the nibble tray idea with DS1 so in the midst of his business he could stop and snack if needed. More on that here (if you have not already seen it):
    http://www.askdrsears.com/html/3/T030800.asp

You are doing great! He won't starve himself. Just read something my ped gave me on pickey eating toddlers and it says that sometimes offering frequent snacks keep that tummy a little full and then they won't be full for a "meal", also says for summer time to do a sit down picnic outside might be a good idea to try for you LO. You are doing great though. My DD is 14 mo 30" and 21#. Don't worry.
    Theresa with moby wrapmy little so I can work too
    13mos and counting