Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Feeding on a cruise?

Default Feeding on a cruise?

We will be taking my lo on a cruise in September, when he is 7 months, so he will only have been introduced to solids for a month. We are planning to do BLS. I am currently researching everything I need to take on the cruise, and I'm wondering if I need to bring "baby" food (like cereal, jars of food, etc.) or if I can just give him stuff off my plate or from the buffet (like avocados, applesauce, crackers, potatoes?). Of course he will be getting most of his nutrition from breastmilk, so I'm not worried about that. Anybody out there have experience with this?

By the way, I just blogged about the funny results I got when I Googled this.
    We made it one year!
    Loving
    and blogging about it all here

Default Re: Feeding on a cruise?

take a few things with you for times when they don't offer something that toddler can eat...finger foods could keep him busy while your trying to eat dinner yourself.

Have a great time.

Call the cruise line, this is what I didn't several years ago when I took my oldest. The last cruise we went on had plenty on the buffet for a lo to eat, lots of fresh fruit and veggies as well as several selections of pasta.
    Meri

WE , ,, and now

Proud BF mommy to Mason and Graham
    Check out my blog

We went on a family cruise when my son was 18 months, my niece and nephew were 12 months and doing BLS. There was plenty of options for them in the buffet area and the formal dining area. They are SO friendly on cruises, they are happy to oblige for the little kiddos!!
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

I would probably take a few things (cheerios, crackers, etc) for when your LO wants a snack but you don't want to hit the food section or however that works. I've never been on one but I'm jealous!

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*meganbeth View Post
    I would probably take a few things (cheerios, crackers, etc) for when your LO wants a snack but you don't want to hit the food section or however that works. I've never been on one but I'm jealous!
    My sister did bring some little puff snacks for her son. Shes organized like that. I'm not. I always took a banana and an orange from breakfast and carried it in my purse. But you are not supposed to take food off ship. So keep that in mind for your on-shore events.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

I've been on cruises with nieces around that age. Carnival offered jars of food to the parents (didn't take any as they all made their own food). Also though, the chefs were happy to help as needed - if there is not something they have just ask, they can make things special for you if needed. They have lots of cereal options for breakfast -- I'd bring along some ziploc baggies and take stuff from there.

Have a great time!

I agree with calling ahead. They may already be prepared for this sort of thing. And if they are not, perhaps a call ahead to let them know there will definetly be a new baby, the chef can prepare a couple of things for you. They are pretty obliging most times on these cruises, probably because they are so gosh darn EXPENSIVE lol.

If it were me though I would be taking along some things you KNOW she likes.. just in case. I mean you dont want to get stuck in the middle of the ocean with a child who just won't eat anything, KWIM?

But yes i would call ahead and ask what their policy on food for babies is. Your likely not the only mom with a baby thats going so they may already be planning.
    Mama to JerBear, the rough and tumble kid, 18 months.

All done nursing, all done pumping. Raising a toddler with food aversions and doing my best to deal with three painful conditions!