Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: anyone use Lilly Pads?

Default anyone use Lilly Pads?

I have a really fast letdown and end up with wet spots through my nursing pads, nursing bra, tank top and shirt almost every day.

I hear that Lilly Pads might be the answer, but I wanted to find out how effective they are and if they are associated with an increased risk of thrush.

So, mamas, anyone out there use these? Can they control a super fast letdown? Did you use them and get thrush?
    Anna, mama to baby Nessa born on 4/19/09 at 4 lb 13 oz - now she's 18 lbs!
    Loving cloth diapers
    Know someone with breast cancer in southern California who is struggling financially? We help low-income women with breast cancer.
    194 * * * ****140****135

Default Re: anyone use Lilly Pads?

I just posted about this on another forum.

Lillypads did not work for me (or my best friend). I ended up having lots of issues mostly because my nipples were never really drying out. My best friend started having thrush issues.

My SIL used them and did not have any problems.

My opinion is they can be good for some things, but I wouldnt make it an everyday thing.

If you want to give them a try - go for it. But they are kinda expensive and I found the washable pads much better.

I have OALD and always had more milk than needed. (which was good for tandem nursing )

Thanks, chargermama!
    Anna, mama to baby Nessa born on 4/19/09 at 4 lb 13 oz - now she's 18 lbs!
    Loving cloth diapers
    Know someone with breast cancer in southern California who is struggling financially? We help low-income women with breast cancer.
    194 * * * ****140****135

I always figured they would be used for if you have a hot night out and don't want to wear nursing pads or a bra, not for frequent use.