Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herbal supplements

Default Herbal supplements

What are some other supplements besides blessed thistle, feungreek, red raspberry leaf, nettle leaf, fennel seed to increase your supple?

Default Re: Herbal supplements

Have you talked to your doctor about reglan or domperidone?

I've been thinking about taking brewers yeast. Someone at my LLL group took it early on b/c her MIL said she didn't have enough milk - turns out she was fine. But she said it did work. Apparently our grandmothers used to drink a can of beer to increase mild supply (not recommended! ), but the brewers yeast is what helped.

I need to be able to pump to go to work part-time, but sometimes I have a hard time expressing enough. I've been thinking about taking the brewers yeast on weeks I have to work. (I only work a few evenings a month). My big question though is how much to take! I really don't want to over do it!

I thought I had problems with my pumping supple and started taking all kinds of stuff. I am in between "solutions" and have been really successful with deep and rhythmic breathing and breast compression. I can feel the milk ducts and can gently remove milk faster and more efficiently if I add that with the pumping.

My next course of action is Akebia. It's a Chinese bitter powder that I got from an herbalist, but I haven't looked much into it and haven't started yet either. He told me to mix it with chicken broth or any broth that had been made with cartilage.
    Courtney
    Ever 06.26.02
    Lyric 12.26.08 (Holy sheep! Nursing at 30 months and counting!)

Breastmilk is better than any udder milk! ~Author Unknown

Am taking reglan

Default Re: Herbal supplements-moringa

what about moringa capsules. i came across this link: http://www.enjoymoringa.com/moringa-...ating-mothers/. there is a study on moringa as a galactagogue which may be downloaded for free. we mix the powder in our 17-month old boy's meals, milk and juice. there is also a study on the nutriments for infants. hope this helps. take care.

Do you know the proper dosage for Brewer's yeast?

I would like to learn more about it. Please let me know if it works. Where do you get Akebia?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*starcollector View Post
    What are some other supplements besides blessed thistle, feungreek, red raspberry leaf, nettle leaf, fennel seed to increase your supple?
    what's your dose of reglan?

10mg