Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sleeping through the night and breast production

Default Sleeping through the night and breast production

A few weeks back my lovely 7 month old son started to sleep through the night - seems to correspond with the introduction of solids and (at least my perception of) a decrease in his breast-feeding. I seem to not be able to pump as much milk when I'm at work. The bottom line is that I'm wondering if letting him sleep through the night is resulting in the production of less breast milk, and if so, whether I should wake up to breast feed him or pump (these days, he's resumed waking up two to three times a night, so I may not have an option there). I'm basically concerned that he's not breast-feeding enough (we are not vaccinating him, so we really do want to keep the breast-feeding up as long as we can keep him interested).

Thanks for any support and information (PS: In the early days when I was having such a hard time getting started and was semi-hysterical, this forum was the only place where I ended up being able to get accurate information!).

Default Re: Sleeping through the night and breast production

Expect sleeping patterns to change over time...

What are his wets like? Thats the way to know if he is getting the breast milk that he needs.

Default Re: Sleeping through the night and breast production

Plenty of wet diapers ...