Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wondering why....

Smile Wondering why....

Anyone would want to stop BF at one? I feel like the fun is just beginning I mean, I have always gotten satisfaction out of doing the best for my LO, but now I can tell that she really enjoys it & it makes it even better. She can ask for it now by pulling at my shirt, the way she gets so excited when I come home from work and wants to nurse right away...even if she did just have a bottle The way she smiles at me, I could go on and on I'm glad that I've been able to stick through with it and hope to do so for a while, but no plans on quitting any time soon, she likes it too much! Just thought I'd share something nice for a change rather than my usual questions or problems
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Default Re: Wondering why....

You know for some people they just struggle the whole time, even at 1. Just never find a stride, and stuck it out but weren't committed past 1. I get that! Also, maybe people who are pumping and go back to work, end up weaning around then. Pregnancy too, weaning at 1 then.

BUTTTTTTTT

In our case, I totally get where you're coming from. We kind of struggled and bumbled in the infant year, but just blossomed after 1. I enjoy it SO much still at 2 and am now committed to CLW.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

my doctor told me that breastmilk wasn't any good after one.

oh, I totally understand those reasons!!! Didn't mean to sound judgemental or anything but I was just feeling in love with my baby, you know? I've been hearing a lot of crap lately about DD being too old to nurse, mind you, she just turned 1 a few weeks ago. So all of a sudden it's like she's too old, when is she going to be weaned, etc. But we are so happy with our nursing relationship that I just don't understand what the big rush is, you know?

Andrea, obviously you didn't listen to your doc I saw that you BF til 4, did it get better as your LO got older? Was she still nursing frequently or was she just down to a few times a day at a certain point?

I'm sorry if I inadvertently offended anyone, that was NOT my intention.
    Proud mom of 2:

oh from the time she was about 21/2 she would just nurse at home, never away from home. And from about 3 on it was just nap and bedtime.

at about 18 months I did have a doctor tell me that breastmilk was no good after 6 months. I knew beter and didn't wean.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    oh, I totally understand those reasons!!! Didn't mean to sound judgemental or anything but I was just feeling in love with my baby, you know?
    LOL! No offense here, I was just musing over the question.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

aw so cute!!! when she's older she'll probably tell you too... my DD sometimes does "mama, I need nursey... (long pause).... I loooooooove nursey"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    Anyone would want to stop BF at one? I feel like the fun is just beginning I mean, I have always gotten satisfaction out of doing the best for my LO, but now I can tell that she really enjoys it & it makes it even better. She can ask for it now by pulling at my shirt, the way she gets so excited when I come home from work and wants to nurse right away...even if she did just have a bottle The way she smiles at me, I could go on and on I'm glad that I've been able to stick through with it and hope to do so for a while, but no plans on quitting any time soon, she likes it too much! Just thought I'd share something nice for a change rather than my usual questions or problems
    I totally agree - I couldn't imagine stopping at 12 months, 18 months, even two years old was still unthinkable... now that he's almost three, though, it's a different story :-)
    Melissa
    Mom to Jessica (2/7/03) breastfed for 8 months
    Sam (7/6/06) breastfed for three years, five months, two weeks and three days (not that I was counting or anything :-)
    Julianna (4/29/10) struggled thru nursing strike, nipple confusion, thrush, multiple cracks and fissures, a staph infection and then another bout of thrush, but happily nursing away
    www.cohenfamily-melissa.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*vlinderanna View Post
    aw so cute!!! when she's older she'll probably tell you too... my DD sometimes does "mama, I need nursey... (long pause).... I loooooooove nursey"
    Awwww I can't wait until DD can talk! I've been trying to teach her to sign for milk, but she just thinks it's HILARIOUS!!! She just cracks up and she puts her hand up and waits for me to do the sign
    Proud mom of 2:

Some women have been sexually abused and struggle to even make it to a year because of that.