Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: So glad for extended nursing

Default So glad for extended nursing

DS is almost 16 months and has been throwing up for about 36 hours. He can't keep anything down (including breastmilk). It is kinda strange in that he does not have a temperature, but I talked to his doctor and he thinks it sounds like a virus and should be gone in about 2-3 days. He put DS on a clear liquid (including breastmilk) diet for 2-3 days. DS will not drink ANYTHING out of a cup, but he will nurse. He nurses and about 45 minutes later it will come back up.

Anyways, i honestly believe that if it were not for nursing he would be dehydrated by now and we would be in the hospital getting him pumped full of fluids. He may not be keeping all the breastmilk down, but he will not even drink from a cup. He is very cuddly and wants to nurse though.

I'm so glad he is still nursing!!

Default Re: So glad for extended nursing

Hope he feels better soon.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Hang in there, mama! Your little guy is so lucky to be BF!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

try some frozen juice pops. Sometimes my kids can keep thoose down when they cann't keep anything else down.

We just got back from the doctor (I really like my doctor and his wife tandem nursed - so he gets nursing)

Anyways, DS has some gasto virus and the doctor agreed that nursing was a huge reason DS is not dehydrated. He said most kids after this long of throwing up and not really drinking end up getting fluids.

Yeah for extended nursing . (and I really hope DS feels better soon)

(and I will try some frozen juice pops - good idea!)