Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: she is anemic !

Default Re: she is anemic !

amberlina: I would check if I were you b/c it's a pretty easy test, just a finger prick. But talk to your doc about it first. They might have other ideas as to why your baby is constipated.
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

So far, the Dr hasn't been real helpful with the pooping troubles. He just suggested changing baby diet, adding cereal for fiber, and baby stool softener. Nothing has helped. Did prunes, pears, water, cereal. I am reluctant to use stool softener because it would only help when we use it, and I don't want to use it all the time. It's not solving the problem ya know. I am not sure what could be the cause of this problem...

My dd had low Iron, cann't say enough about floridix it works quickly.
    The doctor was shocked that her levels came up so quickly.
    She would just spit out the other drops so we had to find something that worked for her.

Was your baby early?
    When your early your at higher risk for low iron.

http://www.askdrsears.com/faq/ci3.asp

and this link pumping up your iron intake...
    http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t043100.asp

DD was full term healthy baby also I had a healthy pregnancy.I have been giving her iron rich food since I introduced solids.I don't know why her iron is low ,I forgot to mention she was sick when her blood was done maybe that's a cause of such a low iron level.the doctor said illness can cause a low level but not such a low so definitely she is anemic.we have done another test to recheck ,I don't know the results yet.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andreafromohio View Post
    My dd had low Iron, cann't say enough about floridix it works quickly.
    Is there a special type for babies? Locally I can find one with iron and herbs but it does not seem specific for babies. I just don't want to give him the wrong product.
    First time Mom to Baylor born 11/16/2008

I love and.

well ,today we visited the doctor again ,her ferritin is 7 (which is normal), iron is 9 .so I am feeling much better now.

you'll want the one that doesn't have honey in it...if your little guy is under one.

I have bought floravit today .the package does not say anything specific about a one year old's dose,can anybody tell me at what dose I should give it to her?

I think we did 1/2 of the child size dose... but my dd was about 18 months at the time..and she just turned 6 so it was a long time ago..
    What does it say on the box?

the box says 10 ml twice daily for adults
    for 2-4 years 1/5 the adult dose
    but even if I follow 2-4 yr dose then the iron becomes too little for her.