Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do not feed my child!

Default Re: Do not feed my child!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sobamom View Post
    Oh my gosh, if my FIL was like that, I'd freak. It must be so tough, since you can't exactly cut your husband's family completely out of your life...well, actually you could, but

Is anyone else as paranoid as I am about television? Whenever my dad is home, he has to have the TV on, and always blasting at high volume. When my nephew and niece stay with them for the summer, they all spend hours in front of the set. This makes me nervous about ever letting my daughter be with my parents when I'm not around.
    I am at the brink of freaking out I honestly would like to just stay away from them for a few months, but that's not going to happen. They have been hovering since the day my lo was born

I worry a bit about tv also. When they visit or we visit them, the in-laws, they just sit a watch tv and expect my child to just sit there with them. Of course he gets fussy because he wants to crawl and play and then they're like "why is he fussy?" Geez. I do not feel comfortable at all leaving my child with them any time soon.

Default Re: Do not feed my child!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amberlina View Post
    I worry a bit about tv also. When they visit or we visit them, the in-laws, they just sit a watch tv and expect my child to just sit there with them. Of course he gets fussy because he wants to crawl and play and then they're like "why is he fussy?" Geez. I do not feel comfortable at all leaving my child with them any time soon.
    Have you tried modeling how to interact with your DS? I am trying to do that with my MIL, who still just wants to hold DS (a 19mo wants to sit still for extended periods?).
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png