Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Goat's Rue & Negative SE w/ Fenugreek

Default Goat's Rue & Negative SE w/ Fenugreek

What do you mamas know about it? Does it work? Because I feel like Fenugreek is messing with my body in a negative way and I want to try something else. I drink Mother's Milk Tea in the morning, take 9 Fenugreek a day, 6 Blessed Thistle, and I have 1 drink from Starbucks a day. (I mention the Starbucks in case it's relevant. Like maybe the caffeine has something to do with it? )

By negative, I mean that I feel really loopy and sluggish. Kind of out of sorts. I get headaches a lot and even migraines sometimes along with aura. It seems to get worse AFTER I take my first dose of the day...

Is this related?
    Courtney
    Ever 06.26.02
    Lyric 12.26.08 (Holy sheep! Nursing at 30 months and counting!)

Breastmilk is better than any udder milk! ~Author Unknown

Default Re: Goat's Rue & Negative SE w/ Fenugreek

I know that Fenugreek lowers blood sugar. Do you have low blood sugar issues? That could have something to do with it.

Where can you find Goat's Rue? I have looked on teh motherslove website that LLLI endorses on theri site. I would order from them but do not the right kind of credit card to order.

I also had trouble with fenugreek. I got low blood sugar, felt really nauseated, weak and shaky. I tried goat's rue and it really worked for me. I have teeny, tiny breasts and after taking it they are bigger and I even got stretch marks (it can increase the milk ducts). It does take about a month or sometime longer to notice anything. I didn't have any side effects with the goat's rue (I took it for almost 3 month). I found it at a nursing supply store and it was the MotherLove brand. Good luck!
    DS 11/25/2008 until 27 months

Now DD born 2/13/2012

there is a store locator on www.motherlove.com there might be a store in your area that carries the goat's rue.

Fenugreek was making my high BP worse, making me feel palpitations. I cannot speak to whether or not it was causing my sugar to go crazy, but I have also read/heard that diabetics/women with sugar issues should steer clear.

I stopped everything but experienced another dip. I am only taking Domperidone now and have no complaints thus far (a few weeks). As soon as I stopped taking the Fenugreek I felt much better.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin