Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: which feeding to drop next?

Default which feeding to drop next?

My 13 month old is only nursing twice a day now...around 6 am when he wakes up and then before bedtime around 7:30pm. I am trying to decide which nursing to drop next. Several mornings a week when I nurse him when he wakes up, he will go back to sleep with me for another 30 minutes to an hour. So, on the selfish side, I would rather not drop that one yet so I can sleep just a little longer. But, he seems to want that nursing before bedtime (which is followed by about 15 minutes of reading books/playing). Any opinions on which nursing to drop next?

Default Re: which feeding to drop next?

my dd has been in that pattern since she was about 2.. its been over a year.
    SO as long as your happy about it and baby is happy about it.. Will it make bed time easier when you wean? most likely not. In the morning my dd will not nurse if I get out of bed before she does, maybe try that.
    I guess realy its up to you what to try.

Default Re: which feeding to drop next?

That's a tough one since those are the two sessions that most kids seem to want to give up last. It really depends on the child. My ds was down to morning and night when he was about the same age as your lo. Then, on the 4th of July, he simply decided that he would rather read a book than nurse first thing in the morning and that was the end of that. He is getting closer and closer to giving up the evening boobie at 15+ months. I always thought that the first thing in the morning would be the last to go, but he surprised me. If you give it a little while longer, your dd might make the decision for you. Good luck.