Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twins are here!

Default Re: Twins are here!

you have done an awesome thing for your children. Every drop of milk you give them is a precious gift and they are receiving that gift longer than most. Inducing lactation is a lot of work even with herbs and medication. You should be very proud of yourself for what you have accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*librarymama View Post
    It's not what I originally wanted, but I think it's what is best for us. I know I've given them a good start and now I plan to make sure they get all my attention from here on out.
    It never is. Before we have kids we dream about how it's going to be, and the dream NEVER matches the reality, because the reality is always much more challenging than we can ever expect.

I'm glad your decision is one that brings you peace. Your babies have a great mom.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

[It's not what I originally wanted, but I think it's what is best for us. I know I've given them a good start and now I plan to make sure they get all my attention from here on out.[/QUOTE]

The important thing is that when you look back at this time you have good memories. The babies being little doesn't last long. They have a great start with the milk you were able to pump and now they will have their mother's undivided attention. I know inducing lacatation is a hard journey and with newborn twins even harder. Congratulations to you and your family on your babies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Kate
    Wife to Jason
    Mom to Aubrey 4/06 queen
    Mom to Nathan 5/08 Relactated for him and he got EBM for a year
    Mom to Jack 8/11

Hi there. I'm just wondering how you induced lactation? Had you been pregnant before? My husband and I are currently a "waiting family" (private adoption - waiting for a baby) and I'm trying to get as much information as I can before we get the call. Sounds like you were able to have a good milk supply. I've done a lot of research already and I am a doula so I help other mothers breastfeed. Did you use herbs or drugs? Or did you simply stimulate your breasts through pumping?

wwwasklenore.com has excellent detailed info on induced lactation too.

Just wanted to say CONGRATS!
    Jaxon (07/13/08) weaned at 27 months
    Alexa and Braxton (11/18/10). My NICU miracles.

http://swallomlife.blogspot.com

"This above all: to thine own self be true" -Hamlet

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I just saw this.

I was in a unique situation because, not only have I never been pregnant, but I could not take the drugs to induce lactation because of my heart problems. I talked to my gynecologist and she was not comfortable with me taking the domperidone that asklenore.com suggests (that is where I first went for information). She suggested I just start pumping as soon as possible. At that point I was 4 months away from becoming a parent. I pumped that whole time. I started out taking herbs, but they gave me heart palpitations, so I stopped them. I truly believe I could have breastfed longer had I been trying to feed only one child. I'm glad I had the short time I did get and the effort was definitely worth it to me.

Congratulations on your impending adoption. I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do.
    Niki
    Expectant mom to twins via surrogacy
    inducing lactation through pumping alone (no meds!)