Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ddomperidone dosage

Default Ddomperidone dosage

I started out on the dose suggested by all the articles by Dr. Newman. 20mg (2 pills) 4 times a day. I have seen a significant increase, but would like to have more, we are still having to supplement around 7-10 oz formula a day. I emailed Dr. Newman and he said I could try 4 pills 3 times a day, but that seems like so much.

Did anyone here try that dose, and if so did you see a significant increase? I am just worried about long term effects of taking that much for me and my baby.

Default Re: Ddomperidone dosage

To be honest, if Dr. Newman said it was okay, it's probably just fine! He is very knowledgable in domperidone dosing. If you're still concerned, maybe you could try emailing him back and asking him more questions (ie, side effects, how many nursing moms has he counceled who use this dosing, etc.). He should be able to ease your fears. But personally, if he were to tell me that the dosing was okay, I would trust him in it! But def try emailing him again and ask him to address your concerns! I'm sure he'll have no problem doing that!

Thanks, that's a great idea!

Oh, you were able to get your doctor prescribe you Domperidone, how? I read that the FDA has disapproved it some time ago. I am currently on Reglan and unfortunately it does not work for me.... I am very very concerned. How did you got Domperidone?

Thank you!

My doctor didn't prescribe it to me, my lactation consultant told me about it, and how to get it. I ordered it from global drug in New Zealand.

Could someone tell me what the website is? I'd love to try some. I pump twice at work and only get about 6 ounces total and my dd drinks six ounces at each feeding, so you can see my dilima. I've tried fenugreek, which I really don't think help that much. I have some mothers tea, but haven't tried it yet. Any help would be great!!

jenwrozier,
    check out globaldrug.tv
    They have domperidone for sale without prescription. I use it and it has definitely helped! BTW, I live in Warrenton, MO! We're neighbors!

Thanks for the info Sara. How much do you take?

I take 4 tablets 3 times a day or 12 tablets a day. Each tablet is 10mg. I am now starting to taper off 1 pill a day for a week or so and see if I can keep my supply going taking a smaller dosage. Hope it works for you!!! I also tried the Mother's Milk Tea. I don't know if it worked or not, but it doesn't taste bad, so I drink it anyway. I tried the Reglan, but had bad side effects, so I had to stop.
    Good Luck!

so, if the fda doesnt approve it, whats the deal? is there something wrong with it? I tried looking up info on it but no success. Can somebody post where I can research it more to find out if its right for me?? I am pumping exclusively and its wearing me down...sometimes I only get 2 oz and my lo takes 4 oz per feeding...