Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping Question

Default Pumping Question

i'm currently EPing for my 1 month old and am a bit confused on somethings. I tried BFing my LO and have hit so many bumps in the road and have become so frustrated that BFing has become not enjoyable for me or for her, so i've chosen not to BF. Although i'm not BFing i'm EPing...my problem is i have a tremendous OS, i currently pump every 3hrs and in less then 5mins i get 8oz total. I would like to reduce my supply, but i'm worried that she will not get the milk she needs. My LC said she needs to get the hindmilk, and i'm not sure she is getting that. This is becoming so much more difficult then i anticipated and i'm almost at my breaking point with the whole BF/EPing. I'm just worried she isn't getting what she needs and i'm not sure how to go about this. If anyone has some adivce it would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks!

Default Re: Pumping Question

try slowly reducing the length between pumping sessions instead of the length of time you pump. that will help decrease your supply while still allowing you to get to the foremilk when u pump

Default Re: Pumping Question

i mean increasing length of time!!