Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13 month old chokes on water from sippy cup/cup

Default Re: 13 month old chokes on water from sippy cup/cup

Sorry, but I just have to ask pp (if you read this) do women in the Asian culture struggle with their supply? This is my first time nursing a toddler and so I'm very interested in how to do it and what people experience in other cultures. How many times a day would you typically nurse an 18 mo. old or a 2 year old? What does that look like in the Asian culture and how do you keep your supply that long? I think it's harder here in America because a lot of us have to work full time. Also, our culture doesn't support breastfeeding into the toddler years.

Sorry to get off track, I'm just interested.

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

Have you tried something thicker than water, like a smoothie or drinkable yogurt?
    If it were me, I would nurse more to make sure she was getting adequate hydration and nutrition.
    DD (7/23/08) self weaned at 17 months
    DS (6/20/10) nursing like a champ

yes, many of them do have supply issue, what I have seen is even if they cannot Bfeed their babies exclusively from birth but they are able to Bfeed them easily for more than two years ,that is something that happens naturally .I don't know why but most of the Asian toddlers loves to nurse and they are allowed to so whenever they want it,I have seen toddlers just sucking their moms nipple even though they get very little milk , when that goes on regularly milk supply naturally goes up.also culturally we do attachment parenting ,co-sleeping .we get support from our family members when we have children .you are right ,our culture supports Bfeeding.I think may be that is a reason allergy and obesity is uncommon in Asia.please let me know if you have any further questions .

Thanks! I sent you a pm because I had a few ??

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!