Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Aunt Flo's comin, supply's dippin

Default Aunt Flo's comin, supply's dippin

So AF is due to arrive any day, (been having AF since 2 months postpartum, baby is now 8 months) I'm just wondering if there is a difference between instant oatmeal and good old fashioned oatmeal in helping increase your supply? I've used Mother's Milk Tea in the past and it really increased my supply but it also gives me diarhhea (sorry TMI) so I'm not too keen on going that route again. Any experience between the two? TIA!

Default Re: Aunt Flo's comin, supply's dippin

I always had a pretty noticeable dip before my period, too. For me, there wasn't a difference in effectiveness between instant and regular oatmeal; they both helped, but usually during the dip I'd take fenugreek for an extra boost. It helped, and I could see a difference within about a day.

Thanks! I have some intsant on hand so I'll try that today!
    but usually during the dip I'd take fenugreek for an extra boost
    I'm just not sure if the fenugreek is what made my stomach upset or the tea itself, but maybe I'll try just fenugreek too!

I've never tried the tea, but I have read that the fenugreek causes stomach upset for some people--I hope it works and you get to skip that part!

The fenugreek (and Mother's Milk Tea) will cause loose stools at first, but your body will adjust in a few days. Don't give up on it right away! It can also cause the same thing in your LO, but again no need for concern they also adjust to the herb.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09