Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you call it?

Default Re: What do you call it?

DD's not one quite yet...am I allowed in here? lol

We started out calling it booby too but I decided that I didn't want her screaming for booby in public one day, so I just started calling it milk. She has started asking for "mom mom" when she wants to nurse, so now we call it "mom mom milk" or just "mom mom".
    Mama of two precious girls
    DD1 born 23 July 2008 and
    DD2 born 14 January 2010

It has always been Nurse for us: it started with Nursh and now it's I want to Nurse, but that's a rareity these days!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

We said "nurse," and "breast," too. I'm not much of a nickname person, for body parts or anything else --only one person has ever called Thomas "Tommy", and we quickly corrected her.

Generally, it's milky in our house, but a really sweet midwife at the hospital called it "Booby Juice" so that pops out on occasion as well! She's also just learnt the sign for milky which is cute.
    Proud mummy to Lillypig, in love with my best friend and partner, Batfink
    One year done, and still going strong.

It is Nursy Milk in our house. I'm not sure how DD came up with that - but her little brother calls it Nursy Milk too.

We call it boobie juice too.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

just nurse here...although I have mentioned before that max is a big cleavage diver and licker in public so it's not always the word that is !!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post
    I can only speak for myself - I'm just not a fan of slang for body parts. In our family we body parts (girl parts and boy parts) by their "real" names.
    I feel that way, too! But, N started saying "nur nur" when he wanted to nurse (which was fine with me) then just started calling my breasts "nur nurs". I have to confess, I thought it was so cute that although I refer to them as breasts, I let him keep calling them that!

Now, G keeps saying "ba ba" (?????) but I'm trying to get him to say "nur nur", too.
    Katherine
    My boys (both hypnobirths!):
    N 12/24/05 - birth center baby; nursed until Dec. 2007
    G 3/21/08 - we had a wonderful homebirth!!! - still nursing

I don't know, I guess I might have been worried about it because of my parents. I have a brother six years younger than me so I remember his nursing years quite well. My dad taught him to call it titty because he thought it was funny. When I was in the second grade my mom had to go in for one of those teacher meeting things. I very clearly remember my brother asking the teacher if he could have a taste of her titty. Then he stuck both of his hands down the front of her shirt. I was sure I was going to die right on the spot. Between the two though, booby sounds a lot better. If you just call it milk, what do you do once they're big enough to have other kinds of milk too?

Lovin this thread...in my part of the world, 'booby' shouted out in public could definately be embarassing.

As for us....sometimes I ask DS if he wants a 'boob-sicle', especially on a hot day.

Then sometimes its 'booby-licious'.

My LC called it 'booby-juice' so I've called it that alot too....

But most of the time its milk.
    Canadian mom and breastmilk fan.
    We have 2 beautiful children: Luana who's 9 y/o, had breastmilk for 2 years and is smart as a whip. Lucas who came out kickin', is 4 y/o and continues to enjoy his milkies.