Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you call it?

Default What do you call it?

I think I have a little while before I have to worry about it too much. But DH insists on calling it booby. (or would you spell it with an ie? I don't think that was ever brought up in english....) Like when he's holding LO and thinks she needs to nurse he'll bring her to to me and say I think Dakota wants some booby now. Or he'll ask her if she wants to see mama and get some boobie. So now I'm wondering when she can talk if she'll ask me for booby while we're out in public.

So what do you call it? And do you think it would be weird if LO did pick up on it later and start calling it booby?

Default Re: What do you call it?

We call it booby (ie? ). DD calls it booby or milk, it's never been a problem for us. She's not nursing now, but DH said she told a lady in the grocery store the other day that "baby brother eats milk from mommy's boobies."
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

we called it boobie, too - and mommy's milk. Now, DD2 is 2 y.o. and she says "nurse" - "I nurse".

I always asked if he wanted milk - but he had his own ideas. He calls is ba-ba!

My son is nearly 3 and we only nurse twice a day now - but he calls it booba or milk - he didn't really start calling it anything until about 6 months ago.

Mother to Zayne 19/8/06 2.56kg

We use boobie as well. But Logan doesn't ask in public and never really did so it was also a non-issue for us. I just *know* when he needs to nurse. But at home if he wants to nurse he will do up the couch w/ our special blanket and pillow and lead me over there by my hand.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*little.mama View Post
    So now I'm wondering when she can talk if she'll ask me for booby while we're out in public.
    It's quite possible that she will! So if you're uncomfortable with the thought of your kid screaming "booby-booby-booby!" in the grocery store, you may want to choose another word.

We ended up calling it "pupple" because one day DD pointed at my nipple and said "Wha dat?" and I answered "Nipple." DD said "Pipple." "No," I answered, "Nipple. N-ipple." "Pupple," DD replied. "Okay", I said, "Pupple it is!"
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*green.momma View Post
    We use boobie as well. But Logan doesn't ask in public and never really did so it was also a non-issue for us. I just *know* when he needs to nurse. But at home if he wants to nurse he will do up the couch w/ our special blanket and pillow and lead me over there by my hand.
    Mine doesn't ask in public either thankfully, but she does tell her DCP teacher "I nurse" which is fine b/c her teacher nursed her DD until 3.

ETA. Her teacher's DD called it "coffee" !!

We called it "doos" because I was just so taken with a really cute story somewhere on here (that I couldn't find Grr - search engine). That little girl decided nipples looked like toes (doos). I sooo did not want my little boy screaming boobie at me across a crowded room.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

LOL Great posts! We just call it milk here. DD is one and now she knows what the word means she gets all excited when you ask her if she wants milk. Now she can ask for her milk by pulling at my shirt too. Too cute We never went with boobies bc DH and I are kinda prudish so we never really said that but a lot of times DH will say "DD wants to bite" because when she was real little she used to "bite" him when she was hungry (she was rooting). I told him not to say that once she gets teeth though - but he still does of course! Luckily I haven't had any serious biting issues
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby