Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumpkin seed

Default Pumpkin seed

DD is 12 mo .can I give her crushed or powdered pumpkin seed ?TIA

Default Re: Pumpkin seed

I'm not sure about pumpkin seed but one of my sons favorite foods when he was around the 1 year mark was baked pumpkin with a little butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*meganbeth View Post
    I'm not sure about pumpkin seed but one of my sons favorite foods when he was around the 1 year mark was baked pumpkin with a little butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
    yummy....Sounds delicious....

We've made it 1 YEAR

A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three. ~Grantly Dick-Read

Stacey

Married to DH since 2001
    Mommy to Mikki 2006
    Mommy to Xander 2008

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*airportmom View Post
    yummy....Sounds delicious....
    Oh it is LOL i would just cut the pumpkin into strips like you do for watermelon and put them on a baking sheet dot with butter sprinkle with the spices and toss them in the oven until they were soft.

You can also take pureed pumpkin and add it to oatmeal with a dash of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon for a yummy breakfast!

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Pumpkin seeds were on the "yes" list from DS's doc. I toss them in a little olive oil & salt & roast them in the oven - he loves them! (Although I do have to hide them from DH, or they disappear...) He had them for the first time at 13mo, although we had the okay at a year, because I was starting so many new foods and I wanted to do them one at a time.

Oh - and the list says that the seeds can be whole if the 1-year molars have come in, and should be crushed if they haven't.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png