Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Should I Try??

Default Should I Try??

Hi, I'm new here, I've specifically joined to ask about re-lactation. I've just had my third child who is 6 weeks old. I also have a 3 year old and an 18 month old. I decided from the start that I wouldn't breastfeed. I didn't get on with b/feeding my other two either, the most I've done is a week

I have started to feel guilty about not b/feeding as he has started to get the constipation that so many bottle fed babies get. Also he's putting on weight very slowly as he's a grazer not a guzzler! I hadn't even heard of re-lactation before I had a look on the internet. Do you think I should give it a try? I still get spots of milk leak at night. Do you think I'll be making hard work for myself? It is hard having 3 so close together, and I don't want to stress myself out. Can it be done without a pump as I can't afford one?

Also if I decide to, how to I tell my husband - he isn't a b/feeding fan and will think I'm totally crazy....

Just not sure what to do

Default Re: Should I Try??

Do you think I should give it a try?
    Yes, of course I do! I won't kid you, it may mean some hard work on your part. But breastmilk is worth the price!!!

Can it be done without a pump as I can't afford one?
    Yes, it can be done without a pump but it may be harder. You may want to contact WIC- they do give out pumps to qualifying moms. And even if you do drop some money on a pump, it's going to be cheaper than a year's worth of formula.

Will your baby latch on if you offer the breast? If so, just offering the breast before bottle-feeding may bring your supply back. If you're not co-sleeping, you may want to start: many babies who will not nurse during the day will do so at night when they are relaxed and too sleepy to fight.

Also if I decide to, how to I tell my husband - he isn't a b/feeding fan and will think I'm totally crazy....
    Just tell him. "Honey, I am going to nurse this baby and I am going to need your support in order to do it. It's okay if you think that's crazy- but I need you to not say that to me right now. I need you to be my rock and help me reach my goal."

You can do it!!!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"