Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Where's the spray?

Default Where's the spray?

I had OS and OALD pretty severely with my first LO who is currently 14mos. Surprisingly I got pregnant when she was only 5 mos. I maintained a low supply all through pregnancy...yay! LO#2 is now 3 weeks and I still haven't had to wear the bra pads I stocked up on! Where is the engoragement, where is the letdown spray??? I am not even leaking a litte. We are tandem nursing and they are both getting plenty...I have never done so much diaper laundry! I don't remember when OS and OALD became a prob with my first, so I don't have anything to go on. Could it be that LO#1 is so efficient at emptying? But with that thought shouldn't I just produce more...supply and demand, right?

I am definitely not complaining though, it was a huge struggle to deal with this the first time around!
    Cosleeping, Cding, BWing, Aping, nonvaxing, Ecing, Tandem nursing Mama

Breslynn Noelle 3/15/08
    Adalynn Grace 5/7/09

Default Re: Where's the spray?

My crazy spraying didn't start until DD was about 6 weeks old. Then the gulping, crying and gas started! Fingers crossed it won't happen again for you this time.
    Mama of two precious girls
    DD1 born 23 July 2008 and
    DD2 born 14 January 2010

ok, so it still may come around. good to know. I may have not wasted money on all those bra pads I am hoping tandem nursing will help this time around!
    Cosleeping, Cding, BWing, Aping, nonvaxing, Ecing, Tandem nursing Mama

Breslynn Noelle 3/15/08
    Adalynn Grace 5/7/09

Im thinking maybe since BF was already established, so your supply can easily adjust to the increase need for milk without going through the OS and OALD. Just my guess though.