Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 11 month old not eating

Unhappy 11 month old not eating

My 11month old DD has gone on a solid strike. She hasnt eaten a single thing is the past 3 days and is usually such a good eater. I usually follow the BLW approach with a bit of spoon feeding. She still doesnt have a single tooth, yet has been "teething" since about 4 months. I am wondering if she is off her food due to teething? I am still giving her 3 full milk feeds (BF) a day and is taking milk fine but i am concerned she isnt getting enough food. Typically its a public holiday here today so i cant even call my health visitor or Dr. I dont know what to do or how to get her to eat. Have been tempting her with all her favourites, offering lots of fresh fruit (usually she LOVES).
    Any advice welcome because i feel so helpless and worried
    mummy to Izzy 2 yrs (BF 14 months)

Mummy to Rosa 5 months (BFing)
    Mummy to Freddie 5 months (Bfing)

Default Re: 11 month old not eating

Hello, It could be from the teething if her gums are sensitive right now. Maybe the chewing is too much. Will she take anything cold, like cold washcloth or teether? Can you try freezing some fruit and offering that for her to chew on? I am sure she will not cause herself any harm by not eating too much for a few days especially if she is still nursing well. You are providing her all she needs to grow on.
    First time Mom to Baylor born 11/16/2008

I love and.

I agree with the previous poster. I wouldn't worry too much as long as she is nursing fine. She will probably have a tooth or two pop through soon and then she will be back to eating how she normally does. Good luck mama!
    Penthouse

Mama to
    DS1 (9 years old...nursed for 7 months - how I wish this forum had been around back then!)
    DS2 (after nursing for a tad over two years, I *think* we are done )

This has some good information about how their habits can change, even though it is listed under picky eating. My favorite line is 'Your baby will never starve himself and the best thing you can do is to just continue to offer the foods and try and relax about how much is eaten or not eaten.' How was the rest of the weekend?

I love and.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*heidibee View Post
    This has some good information about how their habits can change, even though it is listed under picky eating. My favorite line is 'Your baby will never starve himself and the best thing you can do is to just continue to offer the foods and try and relax about how much is eaten or not eaten.' How was the rest of the weekend?
    Great Quote and very encouraging thanks

She is still not eating a meal as such but i am being VERY casual around meal times and trying not to fuss or make a big deal about eating. I put a variety of things on a plate and leave her to it. She picks and has a wee nibble here and there. I definitley think its teething related thou. She still doesnt have a single tooth (which i find amazing as she is nearly 1 and has been drooling etc since about 4 months!) I just hope the pearlie whites pop through soon! thanks for the advice... great to have good impartial advice
    mummy to Izzy 2 yrs (BF 14 months)

Mummy to Rosa 5 months (BFing)
    Mummy to Freddie 5 months (Bfing)

Due to Momnesia I forgot the link to the site!

http://wholesomebabyfood.com/my-baby...eater-baby.htm

This too shall pass! I am glad you are feeling better about it.

I love and.

sometimes they quit eating when they are starting to get sick.
    Try not to worry too much, she knows what she needs.