Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: just started and need help!

Default just started and need help!

we made it to 6 months EBF with a lot of struggles cause DS was crazy about even looking at solids the past month.he wanted to eat everything!! he is very chubby (21.1lbs!!9600gr...)and very developed for his age (sits upright on his own since month 5..now he walks while we hold his hands..) we only gave him sometimes some melon to try,and some orange and stuff like that,cause he was asking for it soooo bad!!
    well now we are officially on solids he is very into it and i am concerned about how much it will effect his nursing.the last days he has been veeery distracted all the time(did i mention he is super energetic ?) and he nurses for about 3 minutes or so and then wants to stand up and go!lol! he used to nurse every hour and a half.now not so much.he has for sure 3 big nursing sessions a day,specially when he is sleepy or during the night or or his morning one.total about 5 -6 nursing sessions a day.i give him some juice once a day,not much,and someting like one piece of orange,or banana,or avocado...i give it to him after nursing,(like an hour after) but still this nearly replaces a nursing session fo him,as he used to nurse every hour and a half....
    really i am comfused and as we were never on schedule cause we are nursing on demand i have no idea when to offer him the solids.
    i have no supply issues ,on the contrary i have oversupply and specially these days i am feeling full all the time(he had a growth spurt and boosted me up for good and now he won't drink it all!!)
    i hope i don't spoil the whole thing up cause i want to BF him for at least one year....
    ps:he is teething also (but nothing yet) maybe that has to do with all this...his fussiness during feedings and this standing up going back to the breast-nursing for 5 seconds then standing up again-thing is driving me crazy....in the end he bites the arms of the chair and he is happy....
    Last edited by @llli*bibi; May 20th, 2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Vasilios was born 16th November 2008,
    Sergios was born 1st December 2010
    we and from day 1...

Default Re: just started and need help!

that's the guy.....
    Vasilios was born 16th November 2008,
    Sergios was born 1st December 2010
    we and from day 1...

Default Re: just started and need help!

What a cutie! Sounds like you guys are doing great...this is a busy time, and my DS has been very distractible since 5-6 mos too. If I want him to nurse better, I go to a quiet, dark room, or nurse him while he sleeps (dream nursing.) This helps us get the calories in him.

As for solids, it sounds like you are doing baby led solids? (bls or blw) Theres tons of threads on here for that. I give my DS solids after he nurses so I know he's getting the milk he needs, tho he still doesn't seem to eat much. Solids are for fun and experimentation the first year, as milk will give the babe all he needs! HTH!
    I'm Hilary: Wife to DH since 5-11-02, Mother to born 8-25-08
    "If I had known it was this much fun, we would have done this a long time ago!" (DH re DS)

210(pg)****205****200****195****190****185****180* ***175****170****165********155****150****145****140****135(TTC!!)