Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: Which nursing session did you drop last before your LO was fully weaned?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • First thing in the morning

2 12.50%
  • Before nap

0 0%
  • Before bedtime

12 75.00%
  • Other

2 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your last nursing session to wean?

Default What was your last nursing session to wean?

What was the last nursing session you dropped before your LO was fully weaned?
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Default Re: What was your last nursing session to wean?

I can't say he's 100% weaned because he is asking about once a week to nurse but that is the only time he asks and that was the last regular session he wanted.
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Well I'm not really sure if my LO is really weaned or not. But the last session regular session he dropped was when I got home from work.

After that it's just been random nursing sessions and slowly asking less and less. In the past 3 months he's probably only nursed a handful of times.

DD is dropping the bedtime session right now. She was nursing 1X per day for nearly 6 months.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Well, I am not totally sure my LO is fully weaned, but her last remaining session (that she hasn't asked for in 3 days) is her first-thing-in-the-morning session.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

I don't remember!! I don't know when his last session was. He went down to once a week and then just stopped. I know it wasn't bedtime or naptime because due to pregnancy anxiety those had to go. I needed distraction when nursing.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Both of mine dropped their bedtime nursing last.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Clayton was down to just nursing at nap and before/during bedtime. Then he was down to just at night, and then just before bed. Then it was to the point that I had no milk and he only latched on for like seconds on both sides, and it just seemed pointless to me. I just stopped one night and he only asked for it a few nights. He very quickly forgot even how to nurse, he would kinda place his mouth on my nipple and then grin at me. He couldn't remember how to latch on. I answered bedtime on the poll.
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

In my case, we purposely weaned the before bedtime nursing to teach him to get himself back to sleep easier at night. It was fairly easy to do though, and he stopped asking very quickly. We're down to the occasional morning session. I thought we were heading to fully weaning a couple months ago, but since then my milk has started to come back (I'm close to 7 months pregnant), so now I'm a little stuck - he's getting back into it! DS keeps talking about how "there's milk coming out of the boobies".

Thomas's last to go was the bedtime feeding. It gradually got quicker and quicker, and then he just wasn't interested at all.