Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What are some fun first foods you've given your lo?

Default What are some fun first foods you've given your lo?

Ok, we usually just do regular jars of baby food, but occasionally we mush or blend up something we're eating like potatoes or cantaloupe.
    We're big believers in eating a lot of variety, so I just wondered what some things might be that you've given your lo.
    Our most fun "not in the jar" baby foods are plain yogurt and mashed avacado. How about you? Give me some fun ideas!

Have a blessed day! Maria
    Romans 12:2

Default Re: What are some fun first foods you've given your lo?

We never used jarred or pureed foods (we did BLS too) Some of X's favorites were Sweet potatoes, Avocado, Regular Potatoes, Pasta once he got a little older, Green Beans, Carrots, and roast beef

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Ok...I had never heard of BLS until now! We tried it a couple of times yesterday and he did great with his apple and carrot. It still makes me nervous though. (about choking) I'm sure I'll do mostly jars and homemade baby foods for a little while still. Especially until I know if it constipates him or not. It's fun for change though and definitely convenient.
    I remember when my 6 yr old was a baby we always gave him our pineapple cores and he would naw on that thing forever!
    How would I give him broccoli without him choking...or spinach?

Have a blessed day! Maria
    Romans 12:2

My DD LOVES Rice Cakes and Broccoli. Broccoli was one of the first foods I gave her, I just steemed it soft and gave it to her that way...At first she mostly just sucked all the little florets (sp?) off - very messy, very cute! She also really liked mango slices, puffed wheat/rice/corn cereal.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Steam the brocolli. And any other veggies, too. I don't know how you'd do spinach it might be hard for baby to get a hold of. My daughter liked toast strips, beans and rice, and all kinds of fruits and veggies.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

MY LO loves mango! He really likes to gnaw on the pit (with some fleshy bits still attached). He gets a glazed over look with all the sticky juice dripping down his chin. Precious!

Avocado, Brown Cow Yogurt, pears, peas, and cottage cheese have also been real favorites.
    Mommy to DS - 12/29/2007 and DD - 4/11/2010
    We are taking tandem nursing day by day

Single puffed grain cereal is really good like puffed rice.

Toast was also one of DS's first and he loved that as well.

You could even do chicken or turkey breast strips and they gnaw at the ends.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09