Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas on solids/finger foods for working moms!

Default Re: Ideas on solids/finger foods for working moms!

gagging is definitely different than choking. And coming from a perspective of having had fed him some purees (about 3 weeks or so) before I learned about BLS, there were a few tense moments when he would do things like that (gagging...although he never vomited), but we always let him work it out. I relaxed, daddy relaxed, we gained confidence in it and we started giving more and more items for him to explore.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Default Re: Ideas on solids/finger foods for working moms!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    gagging is definitely different than choking. And coming from a perspective of having had fed him some purees (about 3 weeks or so) before I learned about BLS, there were a few tense moments when he would do things like that (gagging...although he never vomited), but we always let him work it out. I relaxed, daddy relaxed, we gained confidence in it and we started giving more and more items for him to explore.
    That's why it's a really good idea to have some first aid training especially if you're nervous because if baby is gagging (not choking) and you grab them and start banging on their back or sticking your fingers in their mouth it can actually cause them to choke.

I also did purees for a few weeks before discovering BLS and you definitely get comfortable with it fairly quickly and start gaining confidence about what your child is capable of.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous