Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastfeeding vs solids

Default Breastfeeding vs solids

My daughter is 8.5 months and I am concerned about the amount of breastmilk shes getting. She only seems to want to drink when she tired and perfers solids. I can feel the milk supply of one breast dwindling and even though I try to feed her off that breast more often she refuses. How many times a day is a good number for solids

Default Re: Breastfeeding vs solids

That's the trouble with too many solids too early, it can lead to lower milk supply and early weaning, especially around 9-10 months when alot of babies are temporarily less interested in nursing. That's what happened to us also. I cut back on the solids and that helped. This link may help:

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/so...olids-how.html
    Canadian mom and breastmilk fan.
    We have 2 beautiful children: Luana who's 9 y/o, had breastmilk for 2 years and is smart as a whip. Lucas who came out kickin', is 4 y/o and continues to enjoy his milkies.

Default Re: Breastfeeding vs solids

with pp - you can cut back on the solids if you're worried. When my DS is too distracted to nurse, I go into a quiet, dark room, or sometimes I let him play for a few minutes to get it out of his system then try again. Also I nurse him when he's sleeping (dream nursing). Good luck, mama!
    I'm Hilary: Wife to DH since 5-11-02, Mother to born 8-25-08
    "If I had known it was this much fun, we would have done this a long time ago!" (DH re DS)

210(pg)****205****200****195****190****185****180* ***175****170****165********155****150****145****140****135(TTC!!)