Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pumping to get husband involved

Default pumping to get husband involved

hi.

With our son, I failed to pump. It was simply much easier to breastfeed all the time. Our daughter was just born. She's now 2 weeks. I would love to pump so that my husband can be involved in the feedings, however I'm not sure when is too early to introduce the bottle...
    and I hesitate only cause I don't want her to love the bottle.

Do you pump?
    Why?
    When did you start?

thanks.
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.

Default Re: pumping to get husband involved

With my two DDs (12-01-6 and 02-26-09), I started a bottle at the last night time feeding, right before "bed". We started this at 5 weeks with my oldest and at 6 weeks with the newest baby. I pump after she goes to bed so that I am pumping at basically the same time she feeds. Plus, I have found it is easier for me to go to sleep if I am "empty" lol
    For both of my girls I did this so that my husband could be involved in feeding her as well as for my own peace of mind. I don't want to go out for a dinner or meeting or something and have her refuse to eat. Besides, most of the time, I think she takes that bottle and "knows" it's bed time!