Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Green poop at 21 months?

Default Green poop at 21 months?

Hi everyone,

I'm concerned because for the past few days, I think 3, my son who is 21 months old has been pooping a lot. He stopped pooping in his sleep a while ago but now when I check him when he's asleep or just woke up there is poop. It has gone from solid to green liquid poop. The worst part is that I'm even though I'm trying to change him immediately he is still getting a really sensitive rash. I feel horrible when I change his diaper because he starts screaming because of the pain. Unfortunately, I can't provide a detailed list of what he is eating all the time because we have a variety of babysitters and even though I give them all a batch of fresh and healthy of food when I come and pick him up I have to listen to their lame excuses as to why my son didn't eat the food I stayed up cooking (sore subject sorry!). The only reason I can think of is that his canines are coming in along with his last of the his four molars. There are no other syptoms.

Thanks in advance.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Default Re: Green poop at 21 months?

Perhaps he's had some spinach or other green things lately???

Well, he normally does really well with all foods...never has had allergies..is only sensitive to too much citric acid..but I'm starting to think that perhaps it might be green chili..one of his babysitter gave him food that had chili but it was more than a week ago so I assumed that was out of his system..because he got a rash from it that was very painful but there was no green poop from it..the only thing besides the teething is that I suppose it could be possible that his body is trying to eliminate the chili? Right now his poop has chunky green things in it, like pickled chili..but when I called the nurse she said it sounded like he had diarrhea as well so, I'm going to call back and ask her if I should keep his diaper so they can see a sample for themeslves..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Is he still nursing?

Do you think he might have a stomach bug?

I know my kids poo would change when they were teething, had a virus or stomach bug, or ate something that didn't agree with them...

Let us know how it goes!

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!