Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping outage

Red face Pumping outage

My little one (kw) is two months old and is eating 4 oz every 2 hours while he is at the sitter. He doesn't seem to eat that much when we are together. I work fulltime so i bought a evenflow breast pump; to find out that it is not a high enough grade of pump. So I went and got a medela pump in style. I have been using the medal pump for two days and I still can't pump enough for KW in one pump setting. Is this normal? What is an average about a 2 month old should be eating? Is the sitter feeding him too much.

I don't think there is a problem with my milk supply, since he nurses fine. HELP!

Default Re: Pumping outage

At 2 months he shouldn't be eating 4oz in a feeding, and def. not 4oz every two hours. What speed flow nipple is on the bottle? Does he take a paci? Does she stop and burp him very often while he is eating? It might slow him down a little.
    Last edited by @llli*juno; May 12th, 2009 at 04:14 PM.

I am using the slowest avent nipple. He doesn't eat fast. The sitter is stopping and burping him every ounce or two while she is feeding him. He does take a pacifer, but only sometimes. And then you have to keep putting it back in his mouth.

Here's an article about bottle feeding a breastfed baby that your sitter might get some good tips from.

How often are you pumping at work? Do you get more than one let down when you pump?
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Thanks for the article. I will have her look at it.

I am pumping every 2-2.5 hours. I only get one let down per pumping, and it is like after my let down I don't get any more. Should I be getting more than that?