Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: lunch/snack at dcp

Default lunch/snack at dcp

Lo is 9 1/2 months and I am at a loss as to what to send with him for lunch and snacks to dcp (my mom). I feel like I do the same things over and over. I do lots of fruit, yogurt, cheese, and oatmeal, but I need some new ideas. Its hard b/c I need something that doesn't need to be cooked and travels easily. Any good suggestions? TIA.

Default Re: lunch/snack at dcp

I don't think there's anything wrong with the same thing over and over. But if you want some other ideas, I used to give dd strips of lunchmeat (usually turkey) and whole wheat bread and cheese. Or you could send cold cooked pasta with a bit of butter and parmesan cheese or black beans and rice (even better if she is willing to heat things in the microwave).

If she is willing to heat things in the microwave you could just send leftovers from dinner the night before.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the same thing over and over. But if you want some other ideas, I used to give dd strips of lunchmeat (usually turkey) and whole wheat bread and cheese. Or you could send cold cooked pasta with a bit of butter and parmesan cheese or black beans and rice (even better if she is willing to heat things in the microwave).

If she is willing to heat things in the microwave you could just send leftovers from dinner the night before.
    my DS gets leftovers for lunch every day, plain veggies are great as a standby, green beans, english peas, steamed broc or cauliflower, baby carrots cooked well, a baked sweet potato, etc...
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

is your lo eating whole/finger foods?
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

I also agree with Paige, there's nothing wrong with sending the same things over and over... as long as your LO doesn't seem to be getting bored of those foods and is starting to refuse them, it sounds like you are sending good, healthy choices that are fine for a 9.5 month old.

Not sure what all things your LO has had so far, but what about things like whole grain crackers, graham crackers, animal crackers, multi-grain or plain Cheerio's, soft pretzels, rice chex, cottage cheese, chedder cheese slices, pasta noodles, bread/toast, bagels, applesauce, bananas, mandarin oranges (canned), diced peaches, lunchmeat turkey...

HTH

Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.