Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DD is REALLY sick...Help!

Default Re: DD is REALLY sick...Help!

Hope she's doing better today

The pedi called back in the afternoon yesterday to talk to us. She's usually much quicker about returning calls and apologized about the inconvenience. She suspects the hives are from the virus. We have an appt. scheduled today. I'll keep you ladies posted!

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof2 View Post
    The pedi called back in the afternoon yesterday to talk to us. She's usually much quicker about returning calls and apologized about the inconvenience. She suspects the hives are from the virus. We have an appt. scheduled today. I'll keep you ladies posted!

Hope she feels better! I know how you feel! For the past 5 days DD has had a sinus infection! It is very difficult for her to nurse bc of congestion.

Keep us posted mama
    Proud mama to Haydon-6 years old and Lillie-1 year old!

, and she is walking

We made it a year

As far as the nose is concerned with the fever, she may have a sinus infection. I ended up taking my DD to the doctor on Monday because she didn't sleep that well on Sunday night. Her nose has been running constantly and it's been thick every morning. Anyhoo, turns out she has fluid on both ears and the beginning of a sinus infection, but no fever. Two hours later, she had a fever and I started her on antibiotics. This morning she woke up with a slight yellow/green discharge from her nose. So I think your daughter may have a bacterial infection of some sort. I can't say anything about the rash though. That's awful that they can't squeeze in sick kids. I always get in with a sick kid, though the practice is pretty large. Good Luck.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Michelle
    Olivia - 10.08.08
    Owen - 12.21.05

Just got back from the doc a while ago. Turn out DD has a small ear infection in one of her ears. The doc thinks she has a cold and her lungs sound fine. She says the rash is a virus called roseola and will go away on it's own. I feel better now knowing that she doesn't have a respritory infection.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Poor thing! A lot going on at once!

Just beware...the ears can get red with roseola and can "pretend" like it is an ear infection. When Nolan had roseola the doc at urgent care said "ear infection!" and put him on abx, then a day later his ears weren't red anymore but he got a yeast infection and a yeast diaper rash from the 2 days he was on abx!

Good luck mama! Hope she feels better soon!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof2 View Post
    Just got back from the doc a while ago. Turn out DD has a small ear infection in one of her ears. The doc thinks she has a cold and her lungs sound fine. She says the rash is a virus called roseola and will go away on it's own. I feel better now knowing that she doesn't have a respritory infection.
    Poor thing! Hope she is better soon
    Proud mama to Haydon-6 years old and Lillie-1 year old!

, and she is walking

We made it a year