Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surviving International Flight

Default Re: Surviving International Flight

We took our son across country on the plane and what I did was that I pumped enough to be able to freeze some so that when we were on the plane I could just warm them up and give them to him.
    Patty

Alex born on Feb 4, 2009 7lb 10oz

When I've needed to, I've pumped in the airplane bathroom. Not pleasant, but workable. Never occurred to me to pump in the seat!

Best of luck!

I just pumped in my seat on a very packed cross country flight. I didn't care what anyone else thought I have a Medela Freestyle so it made the portability factor much easier than a bigger pump, but if your pump has a battery pack I'd just make sure to have extra batteries so you know they will get you through the whole trip. Wearing a nursing shirt or having some kind of blanket/cover will help you be more discreet.
    Trish~homebirthing mom and surro mom to DD Kaelie (5/03) surro son Aidan (2/08) & surro daughter Ellyss Anne 6/09; Proud to EP!!

We're making a similar trip from Chicago to London, and will actually be away from my 10 month old daughter for 2 weeks. This definitely gives me some ideas on pumping on the plane. Anyone have ideas about pumping while traveling around London and other places, walking around and such? I don't really think I'm going to be able to transport 2 weeks worth of breastmilk back on the plane ride home, so I'll probably have to pump and dump just so I can keep my milk supply up while we're gone. Also, has anyone ever been away from their baby for that long and have tips on keeping milk supply up?