Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Domperidone - where do I get this now?

Default Domperidone - where do I get this now?

Here's the deal:
    LO is 8 months old and things were going great. I pump 3x's/day while at work and supply went from the 4 oz I used to get per session now down to 1-2. Freezer stash isn't going to last much longer. I need help!!!

Currently taking/doing:
    Pumping with Symphony 3xs a day while I work 8 hours. Nurse right before I leave and right when I get home. Daycare is only 5 min away from home.
    Oatmeal - 1 bowl twice a day (and maybe a cookie or 2).
    More Milk Plus - Caplets 3x's a day as directed including the instructions about waiting 20 min before and after to drink anything.
    Mother's Milk Tea - 3-4 cups per day
    Water - 64 oz a day
    Compressions - can sometimes get a second let down
    Smelling clothing he wore the night before
    Viewing pictures of him while I pump
    Multi-Vitamin
    CoSleeping
    Nursing whenever we are together. Even took a nursing vacation last weekend and NO CHANGE

How do I get Domperidone? I asked my Dr for a Rx and he gave me Reglan. And the Reglan dose he gave me was only 5mg 2x's a day....and only 30 tabs and no refills and I have a history of depression...and I told his nurse this and her response was, well that is what he has written, do you want me to call it in for you?

I took Domperidone with my first son, started at about 9 months to make it to a year of pumping, and his old practice was able to supply it to their patients but now I guess the new place can't (or won't). I don't live close to Canada. How can I get this medication and ensure it is safe and isn't kept at the border by customs?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by @llli*swln-mom; May 7th, 2009 at 09:06 PM.

Default Re: Domperidone - where do I get this now?

I get mine from www.inhousepharmacy.com
    My sister & cousin also used this place as well. None of us had any problems. It does take 2 to 3 weeks to get it though.
    It has helped with my supply. I went from pumping 10 oz a day to 12 oz a day. Not a huge increase, but at least I haven't had to increase her formula supplement! In fact, I've cut it out completely on the weekends. Her weight gain is also better.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*snowflake1208 View Post
    I get mine from www.inhousepharmacy.com
    My sister & cousin also used this place as well. None of us had any problems. It does take 2 to 3 weeks to get it though.
    It has helped with my supply. I went from pumping 10 oz a day to 12 oz a day. Not a huge increase, but at least I haven't had to increase her formula supplement! In fact, I've cut it out completely on the weekends. Her weight gain is also better.
    I got mine in 10 days. I took reglan 10mg 2x/day to hold me over. I wasn't any more irritable than normal Even after 3 days, I've noticed a huge difference. I'm very happy with the results. I ordered 300 tablets for about $50. This should be enough to get me to at least a year and then be able to relax some as I won't pump at daycare.

Good luck! You're certainly doing everything right! PM me if you have any questions.

Leslie
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Thanks! I did get it at In House and it took 2 weeks but not stopped at customs! YAY!

And working like a charm. I am back to my old pumping self. Woo hoo. Now I have no doubts I will make it to a year (and maybe more!)

THanks
    ~Sarah
    Mom to L&N

I'm so glad for you, Sarah! Isn't it such a great feeling to see that milk pouring into the pump bottles???
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!