Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9 month old twins, mainly formula fed also on solids

Default Re: 9 month old twins, mainly formula fed also on solids

Do you have a sling you can nurse in? Yes, I have four but can only find three. Just can't get it so they are both feeding. I have two front carriers and one that I made myself. The kids tend to be half in it and half out of the homemade one.

Have you thought about using a supplemental nursing system for the formula? Don't know much about it. Never gave it much thought. I know what it is, but never really saw much use to it.

Will your babies take sippy cups for the formula yet? Sippy cups don't work with my kids. They'll play with it, but won't drink from it.

Have you created a hands free pumping setup with an old bra? Yeah, but can never find it. I have about two or three.

Does MIL help at all after work? If she does, I don't notice it. Sometimes I will, but VERY RARELY.

Could you work something out where you let the chores slide while she's at work and then she watches the kids for a tiny bit when she gets home so you can catch up?
    Tried something similar, but it didn't do to well. Most of the time she comes home and does her own bit. Rarely talks to me, unless it is something she deems is important.

We have a VERY bland relationship.
    New Mom

[Top to bottom in photo]
    Kori & Dain
    31-7-2008

Made it through the first year
    Now what? I'm lost.

do you have to nurse them at the same time? Can't you nurse one in the sling while you fold laundry (or whatever) while the other sits and plays in a saucer or something? And then switch?

If you want to breastfeed more, you CAN do it but you have to be committed. We're all here to support your mama.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

do you have to nurse them at the same time? Majority of the time they would like to. My mentality is able, but not willing. If I have to I will nurse 'em at the same time.

Can't you nurse one in the sling while you fold laundry (or whatever) while the other sits and plays in a saucer or something? And then switch? I've tried something similar but it's very hard and VERY ackward. Most of the time the kid will try to grab onto whatever it is I'm doing and stop nursing.

Any other questions? I really like answering 'em for some reason.
    New Mom

[Top to bottom in photo]
    Kori & Dain
    31-7-2008

Now what? I'm lost.

I want to echo that everyone is here to support you. It sounds like you are in a very difficult situation between having two babies and no support system at home. There are a lot of good suggestions in the thread. Unfortunately there is no magic fix, it's really just going to be a matter of deciding to get super motivated and pick which things you can do to make this work. I know it's so much easier said than done because you have so much on your plate. If I were you I would seriously look into getting away from the inlaws. It doesn't sound like they are any help at all. Maybe there is a cheap option through your husband's military status? It seems like if you have to do everything anyway, why not get away from it and be where you can run things how you need to? I'm so sorry things aren't going the best.

Since MIL left for two weeks, things have been going TONS better. My plan, thus far, is to move out about two to three months after he is in Iraq. Hopefully by then I will have my license, as I will be doing DE, Driver's Ed, this month.
    New Mom

[Top to bottom in photo]
    Kori & Dain
    31-7-2008

Now what? I'm lost.

Huh? SYP, could you please be a little more descriptive? I don't know what you are trying to say.

Also, JC. As of late I've been pumping a minimum of twice a day and nursing 'em before and after they eat solids, along with right after they get up. Should I add more pumping sessions? If so, how many times should I be pumping total?

The reason I ask this is because I hope to send my children to their cousins house. She said that if I needed a break that she would take 'em for a day. This is the same cousin whom is pregnant, that I've mentioned in other threads. I'll call her Jay for now.

The only thing with her taking 'em is that I would have to pay for her gas. That I don't really care about, I'm more than happy to fork over $40 for a night of sanity, per week/month.

~Update~
    Jay is the first one whom sees and wants to do whatever she can to help. She sat on the floor for HOURS helping me go through baby clothes. I told her she didn't have to sit on the floor and tried to offer her the couch. She refused. She also helped me fold and put away the clothes, a few days later. I love her a lot. I'm SO thankful I have a cousin like her.
    New Mom

[Top to bottom in photo]
    Kori & Dain
    31-7-2008

Now what? I'm lost.