Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FYI: I mixed my pumps and got the best pump ever

Default Re: FYI: I mixed my pumps and got the best pump ever

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*swln-mom View Post
    do you know if the medela tubes will connect to the playtex cups?

i am renting the symphony and want to try different breastshields but the tubing that connects to the actual symphony motor end of the pump is different than that of the medela bag PISAs.
    Yep, the Symphony tubes will work with the Embrace shields. You have to remove the hard plastic part that normally goes into the back of the medela shield. You should be able to just pop it off. What I'm liking about the Playtex shields right now is that yo don't get condensation in the tubing...that annoys the heck out of me!
    Trish~homebirthing mom and surro mom to DD Kaelie (5/03) surro son Aidan (2/08) & surro daughter Ellyss Anne 6/09; Proud to EP!!

Default Re: FYI: I mixed my pumps and got the best pump ever

Well darn! I tried them with my PISA and my boobs just didn't like them. They are very comfortable, but for some reason I could hardly get any milk out with them. I pumped for 25 minutes and only got 4 oz total, then switched to the Medela softfit shields and got another 3 oz in 10 minutes. I tried using the Playtex ones 4 times with the same results each time.
    Trish~homebirthing mom and surro mom to DD Kaelie (5/03) surro son Aidan (2/08) & surro daughter Ellyss Anne 6/09; Proud to EP!!