Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: work, pump, bf, pump repeat

Unhappy work, pump, bf, pump repeat

This cycle has got me !

Monday - Friday I work 9hrs a day. I pump twice at work.... and that was enough...baby hit 4 months (and this is after the growth spurt) and he increased his intake from 2.5 oz up to almost 4 ! How in the world did we get here? My sitter even asked what was going on. When she started, his bottles were 2.5 --3oz. She started telling me that he was starting to talk almost 2 bottles in one sitting. I asked her to do other "comforting" things instead and it didn't work. Even when DH is home with him, he says the same thing..

So now I am a little stressed! I only pump 3-4 oz a sessions. and he's drinking 12-14 oz while I am at work now! (gone a total of 9.5 hrs).

I am taking fenugreek, and eating oatmeal. My food is good. Today I only had 8 oz of breast milk. I had to take out the formula. But told her to only use in emergency!

Today I am trying to increase my pump sessions from 2 to 3 at work. I try to pump at home, but I am usually unsuccessful.

in the event I have to supplement with formula, do I give it to him full? Mix with bm? I can't remember... Joshua did have to have formula this early I don't think...
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Default Re: work, pump, bf, pump repeat

I didn't return to work until 4 months but I had to pump at least 3 times a day until around 8 months. I tried to do 3 session at work and everynight at midnight (roughly 2 hours after lo went to sleep) at first I got nothing from the midnight session but after a week or so my body responded and i had milk another 3-4 oz per night.
    we continued o do 3 oz bottles at DC BUT if after about an hour of other comforts if he still wanted more she would give him another bottle, my son went through about 16oz a day

I bought some of the individual packs of forumla you know like enouggh for a 4 oz bottle packs, and kept 2 of them in a drawer in case of emergency, in 4 months we used 4 total and that was when I got my frist pp AF. we did straight formula no BM mixed b/c it was a last resort kind of thing

Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Ok, so today I barely got 1 pump session in...this is typical at work... so my plan for 3 isn't going to work today. I did wake and pump around 2am. Only one side though, just in case he decided to wake up..

I dunno. I have had so many issues.. I AM NOT GIVING UP!!! I keep saying it, but I know stressing isn't helping either...
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07