Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: natural ear wax remadie ???

Question natural ear wax remadie ???

ok girls so i am not sure if i am even putting this ? in the right spot but here it goes anyway ...so i took my son to the dr. today and she said he had a lot of wax build up in his ears and she used this scary pic to get it out but she said it was so hard she couldn't .
    so what do you recommend to get it out i like to try more natural ways of doing things in stead of chemicals and i didn't want to used peroxide because i don't want the bubbling to bother him, i know i can be picky lol
    oh and the dr. said peroxide or debrox to soften the wax and she said to come back in a week and she would remove the rest.
    p.s. he screamed so badly when she was poking that thing in his ear no the norm scream like the pain scream.
    thank you

Default Re: natural ear wax remadie ???

i have had the same issues with wax impaction for years. the flushing with the ear pic can be painful, but only if the ear canal is inflamed due to the wax sitting there, poor guy. debrox works well and the bubbling won't really be that noticeable if he has a hunk of wax in his ear. a bulb syringe is really handy for flushing the ears at home. good luck
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

when I was a kid I remember my mother putting warm olive oil in my ear with a dropper - and I remember having to lay with that ear facing up for a few minutes and then turn my head over and let the now melted wax drip out Also worked for an ear ache.

it worked and it didn't hurt. I remember it tickling.

My stomach did a flip just typing it out - ear wax grosses me out . . .
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

My DS2 has a major issue with wax OMG the debrox freaked him out! THe homeopathic stuff didn't work BUT BUT BUT I didn't use it regularly. The debrox did work the first time around but as I said it freked him out. I should try warm OV - that would be good to soften it up. He is so good about letting me to whatever I need to do with regard to his health I hate to try something that bugs him.... I love that he trusts me.
    Last edited by @llli*number4; May 6th, 2009 at 10:09 AM.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Warm olive oil has worked for us to soften but getting it to come out has been another story. The scraper tool can be harsh and painful. We actually prefer to have Grace see the ENT before her 3 hour sedated hearing evaluations to let him vacuum out the wax. It's painless and really removes everything.

Right there with you-ear wax grosses me out...my poor kids get the curse from Daddy.

Good luck!!
    Alene
    LLL Leader

see i would think he would be freaked out too i heard that it will make bubble and cracking sounds in the ear and thats why i didn't want to use the peroxcid, i bought the debrox but am scared to use it.
    it is so hard getting him to let me do anything to him so i thought of doing it while he is sleeping ???
    thats the only way i can clip his nails lol
    well i just want to get it done without hurting him or freaking him out the dr. who i am not as comfertable with as i wish i could be "she doesn't have kids" said to do the debrox but didn't say how much "didn't think to ask at the time my son was screaming from the scraping out of the ear she just did"
    but did say to come back agian in a week to let her try scraping it out agian after the wax was sofetend by the debrox but i am still unsettled about it ,
    i am seroiusly thinking ofd useing the warm olive oil, i am only waiting a day or 2 because he has a runny nose, maybe it will go better when he is feeling better???
    JONATHANS MOMMY
    :PEACE LOVE AND HAPPINESS:
    reading and researching
    but more like carring on hip !
    and the latest trick

oh yeah one more thing what about an ear candle ???
    i used to use them but i am an adult and he is only 17m is it safe?
    JONATHANS MOMMY
    :PEACE LOVE AND HAPPINESS:
    reading and researching
    but more like carring on hip !
    and the latest trick